Tuesday 13 September 2011

Mythical Creature Sculpture







Ok, so this was my very last project from 3D Design class and from Art Fundamentals itself. We had to create a mythical creature by combining at least 3 different animals...in this case, it's a horse (legs), human (body), mountain goat (horns) and bat (wings). This creature is called the "Ultioman," which comes from the Latin word "ultionem," meaning revenge/vengeance. 

First I created the skeletal structure out of wire, then I placed some aluminium foil on top of that, and then I used Super Sculpey modeling clay to create the form. I used a toothpick for some of the fine details, as you can see in the 4th and 5th pictures. After I was done with the modeling, I baked it and painted it. Most of the inspiration from this character was from Lord of the Rings (another one of my most favourite movies). 

It turned out quite well, (yes, there are a few technical errors and such) but overall, I was very pleased with myself for having created this amazing looking creature.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

So this is the last work from my Art Fundamentals collection, and I hope you enjoyed looking at all my artwork! Should you have any questions, comments, feedback, or want to see some more of my work, post a comment on my blog!

Don't forget to follow me at the side ---->

Thanks,
~Anim8r X