Monday 11 February 2013

After Effects: Xtraordinary Productions New Intro


First of all, Happy New Year 2013! Hope you all had a wonderful Christmas and joyous welcome into the new year...And let me start off this new year by announcing my NEW INTRO! May I present to you my final "digital signature" that will be displayed at the beginning of all future films that I create.



Assignment Description:

This was done for fun...I just wanted to make my own intro completely from scratch without following any tutorials.

Completion Time:

This took me about a week to complete.

How It Was Made:

The cube and the "X" logo were modelled and fractured in Maya [the fracturing was done using the PDI Shatter plugin]. Fracturing basically takes the mesh of an object and randomly breaks it into several uneven segments...[great for visual effects, things blowing up and breaking apart]. Without the fractured objects, there would be no dramatic explosion and transformation! The rest of it was done in After Effects using the awesome Element 3D plugin [by Video Copilot]. The box appears to transform into the X logo [and with careful animating, timing and camera movements I was able to pull of this illusion].

Final Words:

Software used: Autodesk Maya, After Effects, Photoshop, Premiere Pro, Soundbooth, and Final Cut Pro. [Sound effects were created with Pro Scores and Designer Sound FX]

That's all for now...stay tuned for my SEMESTER 4 ARTWORK!
[Hint: expect lots of 2D stuff...yay!]

~Nathanael Xavier