...So it's been a while since I updated due to the excessive amount of homework being dumped onto me, but the semester is almost done (just 3 more weeks!) and I'm sure that people will enjoy our 2D Animation Short Film that I have been working on so much since February.
Anyways, here are 2 compositions that we had to do for our 2nd internal examinations. Here is the general process of drawing a composition from scratch:
1. First a set of 5 thumbnails was drawn (very small sample drawings just to get a sense of space and placement of objects in the composition).
2. Then I drew some roughs (about double the size of a thumbnail, this time with more detail).
3. Finally a working drawing was made (a full size drawing with attention to proportion, structure, anatomy, detail, etc.).
4. Then the working drawing was traced onto a fresh piece of paper and I coloured the compositions using soft chalk pastels. The texture of the blood was extremely hard to achieve using plain pastels so I used a mix of colour pencils and pastels for those areas.
5. A final colour correction was done in the end (increasing brightness/contrast, saturation levels and curves).
Just incase you were wondering, these compositions are from the movie "The Passion of the Christ," directed by Mel Gibson.
Hope you like them :)
(Stay tuned for TONS of CARICATURES that shall be posted very soon!)
Composition 1 (Jesus is Scourged at the Pillar): Original Drawing
Composition 1 (Jesus is Scourged at the Pillar): Colour Correction
Composition 2 (Mother Mary and Mary Magdalene wipe the blood of Jesus): Original Drawing
Composition 2 (Mother Mary and Mary Magdalene wipe the blood of Jesus): Colour Correction