Monday 7 May 2012

CARICATURES!

Ok, so maybe I went overboard and did a little too many caricatures...but they are so much fun to draw!
The caricatures below consist mainly of people in my family and people I'm studying with. The caricature that is common in every image is my caricature (I couldn't resist). 

For those of you that don't know what a "caricature" is, it's basically an exaggerated, "cartoony" type of drawing based on someone's profile. The difference between a portrait and a caricature is that a portrait is more realistic and proportions and details are maintained correctly throughout, whereas in a caricature the proportions are distorted and exaggerated, and some detail is reduced. 

Some of these were drawn from live reference and others were drawn from photographic reference. I think most of them turned out to be very good and accurate when compared to the actual person. 

MORE TO COME IN THE FUTURE!
(PS...can you recognize yourself?)

Let me know what you think!
Enjoy :D