Saturday 23 March 2013

Chariots of Fire - Funny Run Cycle


[If the video doesn't work, you can watch it here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rmwsgcYQuMc]
Well basically we were instructed to create another run cycle but make it more "unique" and interesting, so that's exactly what I did...it's a kind of flamboyant yet heroic run!



Assignment Description:

We had to animate a new run cycle...and make it more "interesting."

Completion Time and Render Time: 

I worked on this for about 2 days, working about 3-4 hours each day.
This was rendered in mental ray with a basic light rig, and it took about 3 hours to render completely [because I added some awesome motion blur!] The images were composited in After Effects as usual, and finally rendered out with Final Cut Pro.

How It Was Made:

I found a really cool animation video which had a similar run to this one, so I used that as reference.
I was pressed for time, so I finished this as fast as possible, and for 2 days I've gotta say it looks pretty good! The rig is the "Morpheus" rig, provided by Josh Burton. As for the actual animation, it's nothing different from what I've done before...I set the key poses first, check the timing, then add breakdowns and follow through and finally some secondary movement/action.

Final Words:

Special thanks to Josh Burton for this awesome rig, and credit to Lucas Ridley for his video that I used as reference which you can view here: [http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fkiseqhDWUo].
And finally, credit to Yanni for his epic "Chariots of Fire" soundtrack!

Hope you like it!
Thanks :)