Friday 12 October 2012

Bugatti Veyron Model Update


Wow...It's been quite a while since I last opened this up in Maya and worked on it...I finished all my assignments early and had some "free time," so I decided to complete this bad boy! [well...almost]


Assignment Description:

This isn't really an assignment; I'm modelling this just for fun...and because I love cars...
I plan on texturing and lighting this model as well, and who knows, I might even make a short little animation including this.

Completion Time:

This model is about 90% complete. I just need to add a few details here and there, fix up some of the topology, add mirrors and tires and then it will be finished. I haven't been working on this everyday, but if I were to convert the amount of time I spent on this thing into days, it would probably be 2-3 weeks.

How It Was Made:

Just like modelling anything and everything in Maya, reference images were used in the orthographic viewports, and I started with a cube, extruded faces, deformed vertices, blah blah blah...[you get the point!]
Nothing new...

In terms of the render, it's a simple ambient occlusion render using mental ray. Ambient Occlusion is basically a separate render of just the shadows, and I love the soft, dark, realistic output. 

Final Words:

I will have another update soon, hopefully with the finished model next time!

That's it for now :)