Sunday 18 March 2012

Digital Landscapes 3

This is my first time using Adobe Flash and I've gotta say it's quite different from Photoshop!
Things are very technical and there is a certain way of creating the forms (rather than just painting it in Photoshop). When creating these backgrounds, I looked at some references from the Looney Toons cartoons. Each background took me about 1.5 - 2 hours to complete. 

Flash renders things out in a more "cartoony style" while Photoshop generates a more realistic look.
However, Flash is a vector-based program so the resolution of the image is always crisp and clean, no matter how much you zoom in.

Thought Flash is much harder to use, it's still a lot of fun and I'm glad that these backgrounds turned out much better than what I imagined them to be!


Desert Background

Grassy Hills Background